Basil Essential Oil Uses
Basil essential oil provides great benefits to both the mind and body due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to help reduce feelings of tension when applied to the temples and back of the neck. It’s also great to diffuse while working or doing school work to promote a sense of focus. You can diffuse dōTERRA Basil essential oil in your child’s study area to promote a sense of focus for studying, reading, or completing other tasks that require mental clarity. The aroma from diffusing Basil creates a perfect stress-relieving experience.
Not only can Basil be used to promote focus and alertness, but it can also add a little extra flavor to your cooking. Basil adds the perfect flavor for meats, pastas, and entrée dishes. One drop of doTERRA basil essential oil is all you need.
Love pizza? Check out this fun and easy recipe for homemade pizza using dōTERRA’s basil essential oil.
Basil essential oil is used to both flavor the sauce and to support cardiovascular and nervous system health.* Oregano also offers powerful antioxidants if you choose to add it to the sauce.
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
⅔ cup warm water
1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
1 6-ounce can tomato paste
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons dried basil
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon granulated sugar
1 drop Basil oil
1 toothpick Oregano oil (optional)
- Combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil and water a little at a time and knead until a smooth dough forms. The dough should not be sticky. If it gets too sticky, add a bit more flour and knead the dough.
- In a food processor or blender, combine all sauce ingredients except essential oils. Pulse until smooth.
- Dip a toothpick in the bottle of Oregano and swirl it in the sauce. This is a very strong oil– use it sparingly.
- Roll out dough and use a medium or large heart shaped cookie cutter. Add the sauce and your favorite pizza toppings before baking.
- For mini pizzas, bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes.
Tip: Substitute Oregano oil with Marjoram for a milder, different flavor.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Source: doTERRA Blog
If you are into gardening, here is a great tip for keeping your plants healthy with the doTERRA basil essential oil